International Board Certified
Lactation Consultants are:
• Recognized the world over as possessing the only standardized, board certified lactation credential available
• Knowledgeable about up-to-date evidence-based practices in lactation as demonstrated through a rigorous exam process
• Experienced in a wide variety of complex breastfeeding situations
• Competent to assist mothers with establishing and sustaining breastfeeding, even in the midst of difficulties and high-risk situations that can arise
• Sensitive to the needs of both mothers and children as they work to help mothers meet their breastfeeding goals
• Ethical in their practice, abiding by Standards of Practice and a Code of Ethics and working within a defined Scope of Practice
How to differenciate the Lactation Alphabet Soup
"I will visit you in the comfort of your home and work with you and your baby exclusively to help you meet your breastfeeding goals."
A quote from one of my clients:
"I just wanted to say thank you for coming to my house today. It was extremely helpful. I've fed my daughter now in both positions that you showed me and it was a much more pleasant experience for both of us. Again, I really appreciate your expertise and advice."
Mary Lou &
Cathy Watson Genna
Cathy is the Author: Supporting Sucking Skills and Selecting and Using Breastfeeding Tools
I continue to learn from the experts in the field of lactation.